Configuring OpsGenie as an alert destination in your Panther Console
Destinations are integrations that receive alerts from rules, policies, system health notifications, and rule errors. Panther supports configuring OpsGenie as the destination where you will receive alerts.
The OpsGenie Destination requires an
Opsgenie API key. When an alert is forwarded to an OpsGenie Destination, it creates an incident using the specified API key.
- 1.Log in to your OpsGenie dashboard. Navigate to the Teams tab and select the team to receive alerts.
- 2.Click Integrations on the left, then click Add integration.
- 3.In the Integrations list, click API.
- 4.Configure the name, settings, and permissions for the integration. Check the boxes next to the Enabled and Create and Update Access permissions.
- 5.Copy the API Key from the configuration settings and store it in a secure location. You will need this in the next steps.
- 6.Click Save Integration.
- 1.Log in to the Panther Console.
- 2.In the left sidebar, click Configure > Alert Destinations.
- 3.Click +Add your first Destination.
- If you have already created Destinations, click Create New in the upper right side of the page to add a new Destination.
- 4.Click OpsGenie.
- 5.Fill out the form to configure the Destination:
- Display Name: Enter a descriptive name.
- API Key: Enter the OpsGenie API Key you generated in previous steps of this documentation.
- Region: Select your region based on where your OpsGenie account is registered.
- Severity: Select the severity level of alerts to send to this Destination.
- Alert Types: Select the alert types to send to this Destination.
- Log Type: By default, we will send alerts from all log types. Specify log types here if you want to only send alerts from specific log types.
- 6.Click Add Destination.
- 7.On the final page, optionally click Send Test Alert to test the integration. When you are finished, click Finish Setup.