Panther supports pulling logs directly from Zoom
Panther can fetch Zoom operational and activity logs by querying various Zoom API endpoints. Panther can specifically monitor the following Zoom events:
- Changes to Account and Group settings
- Changes in role and license assignments for users
- Changes to subscriptions under Billing
- Changes made to SSO configuration, including changes made by your SSO and SAML mapping configuration
To set up this integration, you will create an OAuth2 app in your Zoom account and configure Zoom as a log source in your Panther Console.
- 1.In the left-hand navigation bar of your Panther Console, click Configure > Log Sources.
- 2.Click Create New.
- 3.Select Zoom from the list of available log sources. Click Start Setup.
- 4.On the next screen, enter a descriptive name for the source e.g.
My Zoom logs.
- 5.Click Setup.
- 6.Copy the Redirect URL from Panther and save it in a secure location. You will need this in the next steps when you create an OAuth2 App in Zoom.
- 7.Keep this browser window open, as you will need to complete additional configuration in the next steps.
- 1.Log in to your Zoom account.
- 2.Register your app in the Zoom App Marketplace.
- 2.Click Develop in the dropdown menu in the top-right corner of the page.
- 3.Select Build App.
- A new page will appear displaying the available app types.
- 4.Click Create in the OAuth option to continue.
- 3.Create an OAuth app with the following parameters:
- App Name: The app’s name.
- App Type: Choose Account-level app as the app type.
- Distribution: You can choose Enabled to make the app publicly available in the Zoom App Marketplace, or toggle to Disabled to make the app private. The app does not need to be publicly available for this integration.
- 4.When finished, click Create.
- A new window displaying your new OAuth app will appear.
- 5.Copy the Client ID and Client Secret for your app and store them in a secure location.
- You will need these in the next steps to finish your setup in the Panther Console.
- 6.In the Redirect URL field, paste in the Redirect URL that you copied from the Panther Console in the earlier steps of this documentation.
- 7.In the OAuth Allow List field, paste in the Redirect URL that you copied from the Panther Console in the earlier steps of this documentation.
- 8.Navigate to Scopes > Add Scopes and Select Report with "View report data" ticked.
- 9.Click Done.
- After you click Done, do not click Continue in Zoom.
- 10.Navigate back to the Panther Console to complete the final setup.
- 1.In the Panther Console, on the Set Credentials page, enter the Client ID and the Client Secret that you obtained from Zoom, and click Setup.
- 2.Click Grant Access to grant Panther access to your Zoom logs.
- 3.You will be directed to a success screen:
- The Trigger an alert when no events are processed setting defaults to YES. We recommend leaving this enabled, as you will be alerted if data stops flowing from the log source after a certain period of time. The timeframe is configurable, with a default of 24 hours.
Sign in/sign out activity logs of users under a Zoom account.
description: Sign in / sign out activity logs of users under a Zoom account
- name: email
description: The email address of the user used for activity.
- name: time
description: The timestamp of user activity
- name: type
description: 'Type of user activity: sign in/sign out'
- name: ip_address
description: The IP address of the device used to access Zoom.
- name: client_type
description: The client interface type using which the activity was performed.
- name: version
description: Zoom client version of the user.
The report allows you to audit admin and user activity, such as adding a new user, changing account settings, and deleting recordings.
description: The report allows you to audit admin and user activity, such as adding a new user, changing account settings, and deleting recordings
- name: time
description: The time at which the operation was performed.
- name: operator
description: The user who performed the operation.
- name: category_type
description: Operation category type
- name: action
description: Action descriptions
- name: operation_detail
description: Operation detail