Slack Destination (Webhook)
Configuring Slack as an alert destination in your Panther Console
Destinations are integrations that receive alerts from rules, policies, system health notifications, and rule errors. Panther supports configuring Slack as the destination where you will receive alerts.
- 2.Navigate to Your Slack Apps, and click Create New App.
- In the "Create an App" dialog, select the option From Scratch.
- In the next dialog, enter an App Name and choose your Development Slack Workspace.
- 3.Click Create App.
- 4.On the Basic Information page, click Incoming Webhooks.
- 5.Next to Activate Incoming Webhooks, switch the toggle to On.
- 6.Scroll down and click Add New Webhook to Workspace.
- 7.Authorize access to your new app and enable it for the appropriate channel.
- To verify that your integration was configured successfully, check for a message in the connected Slack channel indicating the integration was added.
- 8.On the next page, a Webhook URL is displayed. Copy the Webhook URL and store it in a secure location, as you will need it in the next steps to configure the Slack destination in Panther.
- 1.Log in to the Panther Console.
- 2.In the left sidebar, click Configure > Alert Destinations.
- 3.Click +Add your first Destination.
- If you have already created Destinations, click + in the upper right side of the page to add a new Destination.
- 4.Click Slack.
- 5.Fill out the form to configure the Destination:
- Display Name: Enter a descriptive name.
- Webhook URL: Enter the Webhook URL you generated in the previous section of this documentation.
- Severity: Select the severity level of alerts to send to this Destination.
- Alert Types: Select the alert types to send to this Destination.
- Log Type: By default, we will send alerts from all log types. Specify log types here if you want to only send alerts from specific log types.
- 6.Click Add Destination.
- 7.On the final page, optionally click Send Test Alert to test the integration. When you are finished, click Finish Setup.